Monday, May 21, 2007

Are They Really Virgins?

Next stop, St. Thomas, US Virgins Islands.

I'd always dreamed of what the Virgin Islands would look like -- I was disappointed. All the ads show beautiful resorts w/ white sandy beaches and Cabana Boys. What we experienced was a lot like St. Augustine. Old buildings turned into tacky stores, not so good food, and, man was it HOT! -- in February! We hired an open air "bus" to take the 11 of us who were together up to the Top of the Mountain; more tacky stores but with a view this time.

Back in the park we found this sweet lady who was as "spunky" as she looks. We bought our souvenirs from her just before returning to the ship.

We also bought a digital camera in St. Thomas -- we'd planned to buy one so it wasn't an impulse purchase. I shake so much that the Panasonic w/ Image Stabilization was my only choice. It's been a good camera. Easier to use than our old (three years?) Nikon (which I gave to my daughter).



Here are two "parting" shots of St. Thomas -- it is beautiful. I think we just didn't choose wisely on what we wanted to do there. Bring on the Cabana Boy!

At left is an actual photo that my brother took of the Costa Magica at twilight. It looks very surreal. This was actually taken on the Grand Turks but it's such a great photo that I couldn't wait to post it. And while I'm writing about the Grand Turks --- that was THE BEST stop on the cruise (even though my husband tried to kill me -- I will elaborate after the next stop, the Dominican Republic; one scary place).

Until then . . .

6 comments:

Michele said...

Oh the Costa Magica at twilight is absolutely stunning!!!! Nice pictures.... oh, this is so exciting... I can't wait for the next post!

Callie Ann said...

My goodness that bottom picture looks like it was made on a computer. Man that pic looks like and award winner!! Woo Hoo

Callie Ann said...

Oh yeah Joanne let me know if I can link you on my side bar? Thanks Callie

Blissfully Better said...

Callie Ann --- absolutely!

That photo is awesome --- when I first saw it I asked "is that real" but I downloaded it off their camera myself.

Sarge Charlie said...

We came transatlantic from Rome to Florida last fall on the Costa Magica, what a wonderful cruise. Miss Bee and I love to cruise.

My best wishes for a wonderful Memorial Day weekend, please thank a soldier for what you have.....Freedom strangely enough, I know you will.

Sarge Charlie said...

LaLaLand is a great place.....